The end of the year is a troubling time for a part-time indie game developer – celebrations and family take up quite a lot of time 🙂 So this month we’ll have a joint progress report for the end of 2014 and start of 2015 – since we don’t have a great amount to show you right now. Slow but steady, eh?
Anyways, onwards to the list:
- Translations. We have most stuff wrapped up (mostly thanks to Kryzoo). The last hurdle are maps, especially city and kingdom names. They are translated, but server support for them is proving to be a bit of a pain 🙂 Troll is working on server changes needed to support to language versions of maps when he isn’t researching how combat and war could work in Gizarma.
- Passive building bonuses – some structures (for example temples) will give a small bonus even when no one is working in them. This should help keep small cities more efficient. Most of the work was done by Siemak.
- Gizarma-helper rankings are finally working 🙂 No more duplicate entries, once again thanks to siemak. Check it out here.
- GUI improvements, notably pulling units out of cities looks much nicer now thanks to Khrone. Also some further work on unit grouping.
- Planning, deciding, analyzing, organizing… the usual stuff which we can’t show you but takes up soooo much time 🙂 If we come up to any conclusions, we’ll try to make a blog post about it, but for now… let’s just say we’re busy deciding the future of Gizarma 🙂
Well, that’s about it. See you in a month or so!